Summer Camps 2022
Week 1) 8 until 12 August or week 2) 15 until 19 August
Starting time/Drop off: 9.10am at Zurich HB (Landesmuseum), 8.45am at Thalwil or Küsnacht Station
Ending time/pick up: 4.45pm (or 6pm*)
Age: 4 and above
Teacher/student ratio: 1:5
Price: CHF 150/day or CHF 700/week
*CHF 10 per day for optional child care from 4.45pm to 6pm
Day 1: Monday 8/15 August: Introduction of each other and our school mascot “Little Mandarin”. Some group games will be played together to learn the key words and sentences of the day. In the afternoon, “Little Mandarin” tells us all about dragon: The children will experience a dragon themed excursions to China garden. They will craft and fly dragon kites at the lake.
Day 2: Tuesday 9/16 August: “Little Mandarin” will show the children the four great inventions from ancient China. They will learn from stories of those inventions and in the afternoon experience those inventions through experiments.
Day 3: Wednesday 10/17 August: “Little Mandarin” will first tell the children about different stories and poems about foods in China (e.g. famous dishes and their names and origins). After lunch, the children and “Little Mandarin” will start to make their own Chinese dumplings from scratch.
Day 4: Thursday 11/18 August: “Little Mandarin” and the children will learn some calligraphy strokes and later the children will go on a scavenger hunt for Chinese characters in the Rietberg Park. In the afternoon, “Little Mandarin” and the children will visit the museum Rietberg, learn everything about Chinese calligraphy, make Chinese paintings and calligraphy in a workshop.
Day 5: Friday 12/19 August: “Little Mandarin” will discover with the kids what is Kungfu. Its origin, clothing and etiquettes and famous masters. In the afternoon, the kids will learn do some specific Kungfu moves. Finally, we will end the day/week with some outdoor Chinese activities: shuttlecock, hopscotch, and scavenger hunt.
Highlights of the LittleMandarin Chinese Summer Camp:
- Everyday is structured in a way so your child will improve their skills of speaking, writing, reading and listening of Chinese as well as better understanding of the Chinese culture.
- Program mostly conducted in Chinese. Your child will learn Chinese in an immersive environment. (For non-native, our teachers also understand and will conduct story telling in German/English.)
- Meeting friends who also learn and speak Chinese and who your child could meet again after the camp
- Lunch and afternoon snack included; your child just need to bring a morning snack.
- Drop off & pick up at 3 locations: Thalwil/Küsnacht or Zurich HB (Landesmuseum)
- *Pick up time until 6pm possible (service offered depending on the number of children) or at 4.45pm at the drop-off location
- Your child could either participate the whole week or you could choose two (consecutive) days
Please register via google form (only few spots left).